Just some random rambling for this Thursday…
- It is March 6th. It is still really cold, and even though it’s supposed to warm up a bit this weekend, we still have tons of snow that isn’t just going to disappear anytime soon (I don’t think, anyways). Two years ago, my mom and I had lunch on her patio, I think it was on March 19th. It was like +20 that day, with no snow in sight. That seems like a distant dream now…
- I’m a winter-lovin’ gal. You guys know this. I don’t like to complain about the snow. And honestly, I quite enjoy the whole hunker-down-for-the-winter-months time of year. But I’ve been feeling extra-hermity this year, and I’m worried that if I don’t start poking my head out every now and then, I’ll never want to crawl out of my hole.
- Kind of feels like a catch-22, actually. I’m excited for nicer weather and fun spring activities to begin, but on the other hand, I’ll miss the quiet weekends of staying in and watching movies. I like the slower pace and peacefulness of winter, and I’m dreading it coming to an end.
- I know. I’m making no sense. Let’s just blame the cabin fever.
- The next few weeks are filling up with lots to do, so it looks like I’ll have no choice but to force myself out of the house! I have a couple of meetings to go to, and church activities; going to the Sens game with my mom on Monday night, and looking forward to a Comedy Night that a local group is hosting next weekend in town. Spring might not have sprung around here just yet, but the social calendar is definitely coming alive!
- Time change. ugh. This weekend. And it’s the one I hate. LOSING an hour of sleep is just no fair, man!
- The good news is that our church service this Sunday is in the afternoon instead of at 10:30 AM, for a special covenanting service, so I should be able to sleep in, lounge around, and work out the crankiness that usually accompanies a time change for me before I have to go out in the world.
- Today is Day 60!!! Day 60 of what, you ask? Day 60 of my Les Mills Combat workout schedule! The last day!! Woo hoo!! I’ve really enjoyed the Combat program – so much so that I’m moving on to another 60 days of it, this time following the Ultimate Warrior Hybrid class schedule. I haven’t seen any drastic changes to my physique following the basic schedule, but I’ve also been way off track with my eating habits, so it will be interesting to see if I can make any progress in the next 60 days by combining a more intense workout with healthier eating.
- As I’ve stated before, the ultimate goal here is to shed the leftover belly fat and work on my abs. So far, I haven’t been successful with this goal – and if it continues this way, The Bikini Project will be a complete flop. That being said, I started doing Jillian Michaels’ 6 Week 6 Pack program a few weeks ago (3X week, on the days when my Combat classes are only 30 minutes), and even though I’m not seeing any definition in my abs yet, I definitely can feel strength building in my core. Exercises that were difficult when I started are now becoming much more doable. Not easy – but no longer impossible. If I can get the eating habits straightened out, who knows what might happen…
- Yesterday was Day 1 of no sugar/sweetener for Lent, and overall, it was a very healthy day for me. And not without temptation, either! Stacy and I decided to go to the BINGO at the local bar in support of our community’s Family Centre, and my first impulse when I arrived was to grab a Diet Pepsi. I remembered in time, though. It also became clear that BINGO = snack time. Everyone had bags of chips and cheesies, baskets of fries and wings. I managed to hold strong, didn’t allow myself to be tempted – and now I know for next month that I can bring my own water and snacks! (Wasn’t sure if that was allowed, going into an establishment that sells refreshments). Stacy brought a container of cantaloupe with her, which I thought was a great idea. I’ll be sure to pack my healthy snack for next time!
- My house has been turned upside down again. *sigh* The painting that didn’t get finished last fall has resumed. This time, it’s the kitchen and stairwell (and touch-ups in the other rooms). It’s only been three days, but I miss my kitchen already. It’s been emptied of pretty much everything (all dumped into the dining room), and it’s filled with drop sheets, dust, and paint supplies scattered alllll over. I pray that the job goes more quickly this time!
- The good news is that my freezer is full of soup and chili and pasta sauce from my Monday cooking sessions! Easy to microwave and clean up!! phewf!! ;)
- Silly thing that I’m excited about right now: Wayne’s World. I ordered if off Amazon and it arrived the other day. Too late for “Old School Movie Marathon Day” (that was last Friday, I watched Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Weekend at Bernie’s, Overboard, and Look Who’s Talking) – but I think it will be my Friday evening entertainment for this week!
OK – went from thinking I had nothing to talk about today, to this very long rambling weave of stuff from my brain! It feels good to let it all out though, right? ;)
Happy Thursday, friends!