Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Tuesday Random: LOST, Scentsy, and Breaking Dawn Part 2

  • It amazes me that half-way through LOST Season 3, it still has the ability to shock me.  Absolutely floor me.  You would think by now I’d be used to the twists; anticipating them.  But they get me every damn time.

Lost-lost-747767_1280_1024

  • I’m constantly trying to imagine what it must have been like for people watching this show when it was current; having to wait each week to find out what happens next.  When the end of an episode leaves me with my jaw dropped, I just start the next one.  I can’t imagine how hard it must have been to wait for each week!  For instance, I’ve been watching for about three months now, and one of the biggest questions for me has been the mystery behind John Locke’s wheelchair, knowing he was paralyzed from the waist down before landing on the island, and then he miraculously regained the use of his legs after the plane crash.  I’ve always wondered if the flashbacks would ever explain what had happened to Locke to put him in a wheelchair.  Last night, I finally found out.  And holy-crazy-mothertrucking-moment, it had me yelling at my TV: “WTF?!?!?!”  But the people who watched LOST when it was current?  They had to wait three years to find out.  The creators sure liked to people keep guessing, didn’t they?

john locke

  • Probably my biggest dislike when it comes to LOST?  I hate it when I hit an episode that follows a storyline that really doesn’t interest me.  For instance, I’m quite interested in any backstory relating to Sawyer, Jack, or Kate.  I also find Locke’s story intriguing, and Hurley’s is usually very entertaining.  I like finding out more about Jin and Sun, too.  But I hate it when I hit a Sayid episode. Or a Desmond episode.  Even Charlie and Claire’s stories don’t exactly have me riveted.  Any other LOST fans know what I mean?
  • And I’m still constantly surprised when I discover how certain characters are linked to one another, without them even realizing.  Like, I watched an episode a few days ago where Claire finds out in a flashback who her real father is, and we find it’s also Jack’s father.  Holy crap.
  • Alrighty.  So.  I’m assuming you’ve heard enough about a show that went off the air over two years ago, am I right? ;)  Yeah, I know.  But I can’t help it.  I’m so addicted.
  • Most fun thing that’s happened to me lately in the middle of a Monday afternoon:  I was discussing how to play Euchre, and my fear of sucking badly in this upcoming tournament, with the office ladies yesterday, when all of a sudden Lindsay and Sue jumped up from their desks and said, “OK!  Come on, ladies!  To the basement… We’re going to play Euchre!”  So the four of us went down to the boardroom table, let the men handle the phones for half an hour, and we played Euchre.  They gave me tips and explained strategies to me.  Oh, and we laughed until we cried.  It was so.much.fun.
  • Very much looking forward to my mom’s Scentsy Open House this afternoon/evening.  Her cousin Joan is a Scentsy representative, and she’ll have her electric warmers on display at my mom’s today from 3-7 PM, as well as all of her scents for people to choose from.  I’m a huge Scentsy fan, and I can’t wait to check out what Joan has.  This warmer is on my wishlist!

scentsy

  • I can’t believe I’ve gotten this far in my post without mentioning my new boyfriend Dallas Smith again.  Here is your daily dose of Dallas.  You’re welcome.

  • Last, but certainly not the least topic on my mind this morning – Breaking Dawn Part 2.  We are two days away.  I’m slowly working myself up to the excitement of the final Twilight film.  I’m not sure why, but I’m not feeling the same giddy-ness that I know I was experiencing a year ago at this time. Is it because I’m getting older?  Or is it because I’m sad knowing this is really going to be the end of it all?  At 10 PM on Thursday night, I will be sitting in the theatre with Linds & Britt, and I know I’ll be excited by then.  But right now?  I’m just kind of “meh” about it all.  What’s wrong with me??

That’s all I’ve got for today, folks!

I’m linking up with Impulsive Addict and Shawn for Talk To Us Tuesday

Talk2Us

…and also linking up with Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!

randomtuesday

9 comments:

VandyJ said...

I've never played Euchre. I was taught Cribbage, but not Euchre.
I've heard about Scentsy, but again never actually smelled it.
I lead a deprived life.

Nancy said...

Ha, ha, I think you work at one of the best places on earth. I am trying to picture any of my bosses saying "Let's Play Euchre"......nope, none come to mind!

Stacie said...

Playing games at work? Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

I watched the first season of Lost and I just couldn't stay with it. It's on my list of shows to marathon... some day.

Nicole said...

Ok i'm creating lists of what you have to expose me to if I were to ever go up there and what i need to expose you too down here :). For your side of the deal, I've heard of Euchre but have no clue how to play. And Poutine. My list for you is riding horses, biscuits and gravy and I'm sure there are others for both lists... oh you - live hockey game.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched any of the Twilight films because my husband would tease me but I did read all the books years ago. No worries though, once they're all on DVD I'll sneak a peek at all of them in a row. Much like you being able to watch Lost without commercial interruptions, I love being able to watch movie series all at once!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I am one of those that watched LOST each week when it was on air...and yeah, it was frustrating when I had to wait to see what would happen - especially when there were a few times when they'd have a long hiatus with a cliff hanger. Doing it in marathon format is way better. ;)

Now I'm going to have to Google Euchre - I've never heard of it! :)

Every where I turned, Dallas Smith was not available in my region/country/whatever...finally found him on YouTube via a fan...LOVE him! :)

Still Drying Out, Birthday Schemes and Dragon Eye Cake, Dino Moves: RTT Rebel

Jo said...

You know I never actually got into Lost .. am I strange or what?

Shawn said...

I tried to watch lost, but got lost. Make sense? Maybe I should order them on NetFlix and try again?

Who is Dalls Smith? There's no picture, I need to Google him.

We're going to see Breaking Dawn 2 tomorrow after Peanuts softball game at 11, so excited!

Thanks for linking up with us!