Friday, December 14, 2012

2012 Review Extravaganza: Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the 2012 Review Extravaganza!

Every Friday in December, I will be linking up for the 2012 Review Extravaganza with these lovely ladies:  Emmy-Emmy Mom; Lourie-CA Girl; MiMi-Living in France; Nicole-Life's a Beach; Mrs. Match-Date Girl Diaries; Janette-Johanson Journey.

2012ReviewextravagnazaSIZE

Part 1 can be found here.

***

The month of April kicked off with me gearing up for Easter by answering the questions in an Easter-themed edition of “We Want to Know Wednesday”.  (Oh, how I miss “We Want to know Wednesdays”!)

I recapped Easter weekend and shared some fun pictures from our family get-together, including one of my adorable little cousin Dillon in his bunny ears.

IMG_5223

I got very excited about the Ottawa Senators entering the first round of the playoffs, wished my mom a happy Friday the 13th birthday, and then shared the embarrassing (but kind of hilarious) story of how my brother and I lost my car in the Scotiabank Place parking lot.  (Seriously had a meltdown that night, dudes!!!)

I started the month of May by sharing a newsy random post that had me feeling a little tired and stressed out after reading it, even now!

I wrote a Single Girl Files post about how badly I needed a husband after finding THIS in my house…

spider

(Thank God my friend Brenda came over to kill him for me!!!  Gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at it!!)

I recapped a very busy, eventful and memorable May weekend, which saw me celebrating my Aunt Marion’s 60th birthday, and also standing up as Maid of Honour at one of my best friend’s weddings!  A few days later, I jumped in for Lindsay while she was away on her honeymoon and took over for her weekly Wedding Wednesday post, sharing pictures from her & Ryan’s big day.

linds & i

I was in super-contradictory mode as I wrote a post about how I didn’t actually NEED a man, and then a few days later confessed to falling in love with Christian Grey.

vampire-diaries-damon-shirt-off

(And yes, I still need Ian Somerhalder to play Grey in the movies.  Please.)

I closed out the month of May by sharing my summer plans!

In June, I took part in the Relay For Life for the first time, and it was an amazing & emotional experience, walking in memory of my Dad.

relay for life

With my brother and his wife expecting a baby in early July, and having trouble coming up with names, especially for a boy, I put the call out to my readers to share their favourite boy names.   I also contemplated getting a tattoo.  (Still haven’t done it… still thinking about it…)

One of my favourite posts in May was when I took part in the Tuesday 10 link-up and shared my favourite things about the ‘90’s!

We were all surprised and thrilled when the newest addition to our family arrived a few weeks early!  My beautiful new niece, Neve, was born on June 21st – on her little cousin Ryla’s first birthday. :)

Neve 7

With a new babe in our midst, I once again yearned for one of my own – but posted about how you’re not allowed to tell the boys you want a baby.  Scares ‘em right off.  Trust me, I know.

Another “We Want to Know Wednesday” had me sharing a lot of pictures of handsome dudes.  Ah, one of my favourite things to do. ;)

ian somerhalder guitar

And then I closed out the month by looking ahead to our legendary Canada Day celebrations in Q-town!

Proud to be canadian

And that’s a wrap for Part 2 of the 2012 Review Extravaganza! 

Come back next Friday to see what I was up to in July, August & September!! :)

7 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I love these pictures of you at the wedding and holding that sweet baby... you know... I heard that Jensen Ackles is for sure filming 50 shades from an inside source.. he's a hottie & although I didn't go to highschool with him, my friend did in the same area as me, so I automatically get to say I went to highschool with him esp if he is cast as Christian Grey. Ha!
check him out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jensen_Ackles

HickChickBritt said...

Oh my gosh, there is no way that is a real spider. It looks a Halloween decoration. Yeah another boy baby with bunny ears!
Oh and that bridesmaids dress looks super cute on you!

Emmy said...

I remember the parking lot one. Glad you found it eventually :) WWTKW was a fun meme. Looking back like this makes you realize how many things come and go in blogging.

That spider is freaky! I will kill them but one that big might just be too much for me. So awesome you participated in the relay for life. I love your Single Girl Files.

A great recap once again!

Nicole said...

They don't have the What we want to know Wednesdays anymore? And I'm still so glad you did the Relay for Life! I think that was and is fantastic. And that is a fairly large spider, but shoes kill them nicely :). Now I kind of freak out about fish... speaking of fish, how's yours?

Stacie said...

Crap, now its December and I am craving Cadbury eggs!

And you go to more weddings than anybody I know, it reminds me that I am old....

Connie said...

Gosh I love Easter and those little candy fat bombs!

Beth W said...

Was it a Baby and Wedding Spring, or what?! I still maintain that you don't need a man, it'd just be nice to have Ian around once and a while. To kill spiders. And stuff. ;)