Tuesday, January 22, 2013

There are no words…

Our little community is hurting right now.

There has been so much loss and sadness.  Some of my close friends have lost their grandparents, and there have been several other families grieving lost loved ones as well.  So many family and friends that we’ve been praying for.  Too much to take in less than a week.

On Sunday, we received the terrible news that a friend of ours, Tim, was taken tragically in a car accident.

Tim was one of the great guys.  He was quiet, but always kind and polite, and would never pass you by without a smile and a friendly hello.  He was a family man, a great friend, and a talented athlete, and we are all greater for having known him.

I wrote about Timmy Ball Player once here on this blog, when I did my “Meet the Flyers” series.  When I look back on memories of Tim, most of them are tied to the ball field.  I know that the guys are going to miss him terribly, as both a teammate and a friend.  It’s so hard to believe he won’t be there with us anymore.

Tim

There really are no words to express this kind of sadness.  All I can say is that our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Tara, their beautiful little boys, Greyer and Ashton, as well as his step-daughter, Lauryn, and all of his family & friends.  I hope they can feel the love of this community and draw strength from that at such a devastating time.

Tim 3 

Rest peacefully, Tim.  We’ll miss you.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Very well said!!
He will be missed for sure

Mandy said...

Great Post Jill!!! I only met Tim a few times, but I can see from everything I have been reading he was truly a great guy!!! May he rest in peace and may his wife and children find comfort in theirmemories of him.

Stacie said...

So sad. Times like these make you appreciate the sense of family in a small community.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. :(

Ricki Treleaven said...

Jill,
I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedies in your community. I've been out of pocket lately, and i want you to know that I'll be praying for you and those affected.

xo,
RJ

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Aw Jill... you sure have been through the ringer with loss lately and are such a strong woman. Sending prayers and hugs to you and of course to Tim's family! xoxo

Nicole said...

So sad! I'm so sorry to hear that!

Mrs. Match said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Many hugs to you and to Tim's family.

Steph said...

I'm sorry for your loss Jill. :(

Nancy said...

Such a sad time, Jillian. Dig deeply, you will get through this, bruised but not broken. I am holding all in prayer. God grieves too. Hugs.