Friday, June 24, 2016

Happy Friday!! :)

This week seems to have just flown by... which is kinda nice!  Just thought I'd do some random rambling to kick off the weekend...

  • Last weekend, I had charged up my old iPod that I hadn't used in a very long time, so that we could listen to tunes out on the deck Saturday afternoon/evening.  You know when you find old music you haven't listened to in forever, and it just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?  I've been listening to that iPod all week, just loving the songs and how they take me back.  Current old fave:  Banditos by The Refreshments.  Classic.



  • As you all can probably tell by my lack of posting on the matter, I'm not doing well in the healthy eating/losing weight department.  In fact, I feel like I'm going in reverse when it comes to that matter.  More clothes each week don't fit.  ugh.  So depressing. But I've been trying to get myself back on track with at least going out for a walk every evening.  I still get up and do a half-hour work out each morning, but I wasn't doing much else lately.  It has felt good to get moving in the evenings again.  And it gives me a great opportunity to listen the aforementioned iPod!
  • Looks like another great weekend on tap, weather-wise.  And another weekend ahead of no major plans!  WOO HOO!!  A quick tidy-up around the house tomorrow morning, a quick trip to Shawville for a few groceries, and I'm still debating on cutting the grass (it's pretty burnt in most spots, but it has been almost two weeks since I cut it... the weeds are growing, the rest is not...)  Other than that, I'm thinking the back deck with a book sounds good again for tomorrow!
  • Next week is Canada Day, and I'm SO excited!  We have some family that will be visiting from out of town, and I'm excited to see them.  I'm also looking forward to kickin' back and enjoying the Canada Day festivities in our town!  For the past 10+ years, I've been on the committee that organizes the event, which means as much fun as it's been, I've also stressed a TON over it.  (that's just how I roll.)  This year?  No reason to stress!!  I can't wait to bust out the red & white!!  I may even let Sadie out for a rip!!! ;)
  • I can't believe it is almost July.  Like, holy hell.  Was it not just Christmas?!?!?
  • The nice thing about July is... it's my holiday month!!!  I'll be off the last week, and I'm so looking forward to it!  I've been daydreaming about being at the Camp for a while now.  Now it is within sight!
  • I feel giddy this morning.  Which is odd, since I've been full of anxiety all week.  It's like I woke up this morning and the stress had just vacated my body, and has been replaced by child-like excitement for everything coming up in the near future.  Maybe it's because the kids are at Mom's, and it's their first day of holidays.  I'm carrying that vibe with me today.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!! :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Glad to hear your anxiety has gone away. You deserve to relax and just enjoy Canada Day. Happy weekend!