Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A lil' Wednesday Q&A

I had fun reading Shannon's answers to this Q&A yesterday, so thought I'd play along myself today!  Some fun, summery questions :)

1. How many kids do you want to have? 
 - Ideally, I'd like to have two children someday... but I don't know yet what life has in store for me in that department.  I do long to be a mother, though, so hopefully I'll have at least one, however which way I have to make it happen...

2. What is your go-to cocktail? 
 - I guess a rum & diet coke, or a Caesar... or any kind of slushy-summery-boozy concoction ;)

3. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning? 

Hit snooze on the alarm clock, and then spend the next 10 minutes checking my phone (I don't let myself fall back asleep)

4. How many photos are in your camera roll on your phone (or camera)? 
- 691 apparently!

5. Favorite thing about being married? 
Well, I'm not married, and not even sure I ever want to be.  So how about my favourite thing about NOT being married?  I do what I want, when I want, and live by my own schedule.  I like my freedom.

6. Biggest pet peeve?
- Oh God, it depends on the day.  Lately, I'd have to say those big dumb buzzy flies that circle my head when I'm out walking.  Doesn't matter what you do, they just keep zooming and swooping around.  SO annoying.

7. Have you ever been to a psychic? What did they tell you? 
- Yes, I've been to three psychics in the past.  
The first one told me a lot about myself that made sense, she kind of described me to a T, but didn't give me any great information about what was to come for my future.  The one thing she did tell me of value was that when I found a penny, it would be a gift from my Grandma.  Grandma was still living at the time, so that kind of troubled me - I thought it meant her death was coming soon, which was not true - but Grandma was always collecting pennies, giving us baggies full of them, and she once told me "A penny is very valuable... you can't make a dollar without it!"  The summer after she passed, my mom had a yard sale, and was selling a lot of her stuff.  One thing was an old fleece jacket, that I decided looked like it might fit me.  I tried it on, and when I stuck my hand in the pocket, what do ya know... 2 pennies. :)  Makes me sad that they don't make the penny anymore, but it makes "Grandma's gifts" all the more special when I do find one.
The second psychic, I saw a few months after my cousins passed away in 2010, and it was shocking & remarkable the things she told me, and the messages that came through.  And the third was a fluke - I was having an "Escape Day" at my home, and I hadn't signed up for the psychic reading, but the lady - she was  a Turkish coffee reader - offered to give me one for a free, as a thanks for hosting.  At the time - fall of 2011 - my dad was sick, but I didn't think it was "that bad".  She told me I had the weight of the world on my shoulders, and that in February, something would "break" for me.  She said it would be a difficult time, but not to be scared or feel alone, because I had an army of supporters there for me.  She said it looked like a whole village or community would be there to catch me when I fell.  In the months that followed, Dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer, he had several surgeries, spent a month in ICU, and in the end, he passed in February.  And I certainly did have an army of support - a whole village there for me and my family, indeed.  
While the psychic readings I've had amazed and stunned me with their accuracy, I also found them to be very emotional and draining.  I have had no desire to seek out a psychic since.

8. What was the name of your first pet? 
- My dog Jake!  He was an awful dog lol.  But I loved him.  

9. What was the first CD you ever bought?
- I don't know if it really counts, but I'm going with Boston's Walk On album.  I think it came as a mistake in a Columbia House order, and my sister gave it to me.  I listened to it constantly for one whole summer. 

10. What's your favorite online shopping site? 
Amazon

11. Heels or Wedges? 
Wedges, but if I'm really getting my way, I'm going with flats!  I'm not a heel of any kind girl...

12. Pool or Beach? 
Why do I have to choose?  I love both! LOL!  


This picture is depressing.  And motivating.  I want to be that thin again!!!

13. Camping or Cottage? 
Well, I'm going with "cottage", because essentially, that's what Aunt Marion & Uncle Eric's camp is.  It's got a few of the luxuries of home - a fridge, running water, toilet & shower, gas stove, beds - but no TV or anything like that.  I'm not one to completely "rough it".  I don't do tents.  I like to have a roof over my head if it rains. ;)

14. Vacation or Staycation? 
I think there's beauty in both... but right now, a little get away would definitely be nice!  Sometimes you just have to go somewhere.

15. Lemonade or Pink Lemonade? 
I love both, but it's pink lemonade I have in my fridge right now!  Looking forward to having a glass on the deck tonight!


16. Book or Magazine? 
Book. I used to love magazines, but really, I can't remember the last time I really looked at one.  I'm a book reader.


17. What is your favorite summertime meal? 
BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs, nacho dip and chips, pasta salad... oooh and corn on the cob!  Yum!!

18. Hosting or Attending? 
- Depends on my mood.  If I get the notion I want to have people over, I can really get into the "hosting" thing.  I like making a to-do list, prepping food, getting ready... but if I do it too often, I get burned out with it.  It's nice sometimes to just "attend" and not have to worry about the organizing, and cleaning up afterwards.

19. What is your favorite restaurant? 
- I'd have to go with Montana's Cookhouse.  I love to eat out, I'd go just about anywhere, but sometimes I just get hit with cravings for Montana's that could make me drool!

20. What is your favorite sport to watch? To play? 
- To watch: hockey (but just the Ottawa Senators) or baseball (but just the Toronto Blue Jays)
- To play: HA!  Jill is not an athlete.  I'm extremely competitive, and have zero athletic ability, which makes for one really bad combo.  If I HAD to play a sport, I'd go with softball (the fun 3-pitch kind) but only because it's the only sport I've played in the past 10 years.
21. Do you like Wine? If so, what kind? 
- Oh, I wish I could answer yes to this. I like the idea of wine.  I like holding the wine glass and sipping away and thinking I look cool.  Feels so sophisticated and grown up to have a glass of wine with dinner, or after a long day at work.  But the only wine I've ever really liked was Moscato, and after getting sick on it just before Christmas, I haven't been able to stomach the thoughts of it since.  All of it makes me make my "wine face" - *cringe*


22. Mani or Pedi? 
- Pedi!  I had my first "real" one a few weeks ago, and I think it should become a regular occurance ;)


23. Favorite summertime outfit? 
- Whatever it is, it's gotta be comfy, cool & casual.  Loose dresses or maxi skirts, tanks and capris, flip flops... I'm all about summer comfort.

24. What's your current summertime jam? 
- Refer to yesterday's post... but #1 is definitely Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake!

25. What is your favorite summertime treat?
- I have several... Watermelon, banana-flavoured popsicles, chocolate-dip soft-serve ice cream from Marcotte's... but lately it's been homemade sundae of vanilla frozen yogurt in a waffle bowl with lots of chocolate sauce, peanut butter, corn syrup, and sprinkles.  Suuuuuuper healthy. ;)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, that psychic was very accurate. I find that scary. You sure had a village behind you. That February was the worst month of my life. I felt like all I did was change clothes and do funerals.I was still a student, and hopefully more able to handle it now (third burial in 2 weeks on Saturday.

What was so awful about your dog, lol?

Nicole said...

I always like the question, why don't you hear Psychic wins lottery :). I'm like you, I can't totally rough it. My mom's idea of camping was the Holiday Inn.