Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Catching up

I've been wanting to recap my weekend, and now that I have a chance, we're halfway through the week!


  • Friday after work, I quickly got my grass cut before heading up to Shawville to join my mom and her cousin at the Cafe for supper.  Mmmm it was so good!  Such a nice end-of-the-week treat!  When I came home, I headed over to Shannon's where some friends were doing a paint nite.  I had a few drinks with them and watched them work, picking up tips for when it's my turn to do this painting! (this coming Friday!)  When I got home, I hit the couch and continued watching episodes of my current Netflix obsession, Bloodline.
  • Saturday was a rainy, dreary day, but rather than hibernate, Mom and I headed to Renfrew to do some shopping.  I had a list of little necessities I had to pick up - body wash, moisturizer, mascara, crap like that, plus a few groceries.  We stopped for lunch at Wendy's and grabbed some coffees at Tim's before heading home.  I spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling on the couch, napping and Netflix, the usual.
  • Saturday evening I went to a retirement party for my cousins' mom, Lynn.  The party was at Kayla and Ben's, and it was SO much fun!  One of the best house parties I've ever been to.  They had a guy hired to play music, and he was amazing.  It was just him and a guitar, but he could play anything under the sun.  Didn't hurt that he wasn't hard to look at, either... ;)  I danced and sang all night long.  I literally want to go to a house party like that EVERY weekend!
  • I feel like I've been having back problems for almost two months straight.  I just get over one back injury and end up with another, it seems.  In early August, I fell leaving a party and literally thought I'd broken my back.  (yes, I'd had a few drinks, but it had rained all day and I was running on wet, slippy deck in flip flops, so it had nothing to do with the drinks, I swear.)  I landed so hard on my tailbone that I almost passed out from the pain.  Then last Monday, I fell going down the basement stairs, which resulted in some big bruises and what I think must have been whiplash, because I had a stiff sore neck for a few days.  Just get over that one, and then I wake up Sunday morning with a totally unprovoked and inexplicable pulled muscle or giant knot in my upper right side of my back.  Everyone's been telling me it's obviously from dancing like a maniac Saturday night, but I swear, when I went to bed, there was NOTHING wrong with my back.  It has been a total pain all week.
  • If I was still writing the Single Girl Files, this would be reason #1,432 why Jillian needs a husband:  I need someone to give me a frigging massage!!!  When my friend Lindsay's hubby Ryan comes in the office, he's usually either trying to piss me off by messing my hair, or hurting me by giving me one of his massages.  I think he was a little shocked the other day when I actually asked him for the massage.  I don't think I will ask him again, though, because apparently I was...umm....loud.  But holy hell it felt good.  
  • Between that massage, using A5-35, and doing some stretches for the past few nights, my back is actually much better now, but still not "right".  I guess it will just take time.  I can't ever recall having such a painful pulled muscle or knot or whatever the hell it is that I don't remember doing anything to cause it before in my life.  It has resulted in me coming up with some new swear words, let me tell ya.  Turning my head right or left, lifting my chin up, bowing my head, any kind of sudden movement, trying to sleep... hurts like a mothertrucker.  ugh.
  • I made a musical discovery this weekend.  My new favourite is country singer Cody Jinks.  I literally listened to his song "I'm Not the Devil" for the first time on Saturday, and then downloaded his whole album without hesitation.  I have been listening to it steady all week, and I LOVE it.  If you like classic country, I highly recommend it!!
  • Yesterday I had an unexpected excursion away from the office.  Our sister company in the city does some work with flower beds and stuff like that, and they are putting together a portfolio, so they needed pictures taken of the beds and flowers they've done this year.  I got to meet up with my co-worker Pat in Aylmer, and then he drove me around to all the different sites so I could take photos.  I was super nervous about it - I'm no professional when it comes to photography - but it ended up being a fun day, and it was nice to be away from the desk and computer screen for a change.  Now let's just cross our fingers that the pictures are what they were looking for... eek!
Happy Hump Day pals!

No comments: