Thursday, October 20, 2016

Randomly Thursday


  • I'm feeling blue this morning.  And NOT Toronto Blue Jay blue. :(  Alas, the dream came crashing down last night, as the Cleveland Indians took Game 5 by a score of 3-0, winning the ALCS series 4 games to 1.  I remember the excitement when the Jays won two World Series' back when I was a kid in elementary school, and I had so hoped I'd get to experience that again this year.  Sadly, it was not to be.  And I'm not sure if this club will come close again anytime soon, especially as there's a very real possibility that both Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista could walk via free agency.  *sigh*
  • I'm going to miss Sexy Josh the most.  He has very quickly become my Wade Redden of baseball.  My #1 wishlist item for Christmas is a Jays shirt with Donaldson's name and number on the back.  I love Josh.
  • There has been a lot of mocking over "the biggest bandwagon in the world coming crashing down" with the loss last night, on my Facebook newsfeed and on the radio this morning.  And you know what?  I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bandwagon fan.  You know why?  Because being a tried & true baseball fan is a serious TIME COMMITMENT, you guys.  And I haven't got the time to watch 162 baseball games over the span of 6 months.  I have other TV shows to watch.  I have movies to watch.  I have places to go and people to see and things to do.  I can't be tied to a baseball team, a la Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch style.  It's just too much!  So yeah, I'm a bandwagon fan.  I express mild interest during the regular season, but then I jump on fully for the post-season.  So what.
  • I own one Blue Jays tee, which I bought at the Rogers Centre at the game I attended four or five years ago while on a weekend trip to TO with Lindsay, Ryan and Rebekka.  That tee cost me $45-ish, and I remember debating the cost of it, was it worth it, blah blah blah.  I have worn that tee so much over the past years, it is definitely the wisest $45 I have ever spent.  And I wore it for every game since the Wild  Card game a few weeks ago.  Never washed it, because I didn't want to wash the magic off of it.  (But it did teach me to never discuss my laundry on FB ever again.  Long story.)  ANYways... last night, I dropped a big glob of sour cream on the front of my shirt, so it's probably for the best that they lost.  That shirt needs to be washed in the worst way.
  • Oh, I'm realllly going to miss Josh.  Every time I think about it, my heart squeezes painfully just a little bit.  He was such a nice distraction these past few weeks.
  • Moving on from the Jays... I had so much fun compiling my list of my favourite duets in yesterday's post, but I realized last night that I forgot one that should have been on there.  I love John Prine & Iris Dement's "In Spite of Ourselves".  Such a classic!

    • I have been eating my weight in mini chocolate bars lately.  It's my baseball stress eating food, I sit and watch the games and snack on them, which is not good because when you eat 36 mini chocolate bars in one night, you might as well be eating a whole bunch of big chocolate bars.  They are so deceiving, those little suckers!!
    • I'm getting excited for Halloween... Scary Movie Marathon is coming up next weekend, and then we are planning a little Halloween party in the office for the big day.  I need to come up with a costume this year!!  I always wait til the last minute and I can never find anything good.
    • I'm seriously contemplating sleeping at my mom's on Halloween night.  Because... clowns.
    • This is the stupid clown my friend Brenda brought over on Saturday night.  I have no idea why.  And he's still sitting on the table in my living room because she "forgot" him.  He is small, and he is made of plastic, and he is just a toy, but I HATE HIM.
    • I keep hearing different theories on the "clown uprising" and all I know is, I don't want to be anywhere near a clown in the next couple of weeks.  If any of them are running around on Halloween, they better watch out, because I know more than one person who isn't afraid to take a clown out!  (I'm not one of them... I'd be hiding curled up in the fetal position somewhere if the clowns came at me.)
    Well, I think that's about all the random rambling I have in me for today!  Happy Thursday guys!

    1 comment:

    ShannonJMc27 said...

    I was cursing through a lot of that game last night!
    I'm debating if I'm the one staying home to hand out the candy to kiddos or if I'll be the one taking Rylie out trick-or-treating but I'm scared of BOTH options because of the clowns!