Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Randomly, Tuesday

Here's some random Tuesday rambling...

  • It's "one of those days"... I awoke to the sound of rain pattering against my window, my room still dark, my bed so cozy.  Man oh man, it took a lot to drag my butt out of bed this morning.  
  • My basket is full, and I have plenty of work to catch up on, but I keep staring out the window at the raindrops falling, and daydreaming of being snuggled up at home for a movie/reading day.  Oh, I know.  Having Mondays and Fridays off all winter means I've had plenty of movie/reading days over the past few months.  But still.  A rainy day like this just makes me want to curl up in a ball and be lazy.
  • I'm on my second cup of coffee of the morning, and I hardly ever have a second cup.  Partly to blame is my dearly departed Gilmore Girls.  They showed me that a girl can have a cup of coffee, whenever she damned well pleases.  But also partly to blame is the rain.  Just feels right to have a hot mug warming my hands today!
  • I might as well get used to dragging my butt out of bed on these rainy, gloomy days, because the extended forecast is showing we will be having many of them in the coming weeks.  April showers are here to stay, it appears!  
  • I had such a good weekend!  A day in the city Friday, a cleaning day/Netflix day on Saturday, supper out with Mom Saturday night, taking photos at Sam's 3rd birthday party on Sunday, family dinner at my sister's that night, and then a paint day at Shannon's yesterday.  I'm going to miss my long winter weekends!!
  • I had been trying to figure out a weekend date to do Shannon's latest painting, but it wasn't working out, so I booked a Monday to do it with a few other folks who had the day off.  She said we could be her guinea pigs, since her first "official" group doing the water lilies isn't until Friday.  I had such a peaceful day painting.  No meltdowns, no frustration... that doesn't happen often, which I think results in my loving the painting even more when it's done.  It makes me think of kayaking or paddleboating at the camp in the summer.  Now the only problem is, I've had three people tell me they want my painting, so I think I have to buy my own supplies and start re-creating it! haha!
  • So I stayed true to my promise to watch at least one movie or special on Netflix this past weekend, though it didn't end up being Goon.  On Friday night, I watched the real-life Disney adaptation of Cinderella, and I really enjoyed it.  Then on Saturday night, I watched Amy Schumer's Leather Special, and laughed my way through it.  I guess next weekend will have to be Goon.

  • I got all caught up on Scandal and then had to decide what to move on to next.  After the recommendations I got from you guys last week, I was really tempted to start The 100 - which wasn't even on my radar, but after having so many people tell me I should watch it, I was really tempted!  I decided instead on something light and quick, though, and that's Life in Pieces.  So far - LOVING it.  So funny!!!  I know I'm not going to regret it!!
  • Is it just me, or does Lent feel like it's taking a million years this year?  I seriously have visions of potatoes dancing in my head.  My biggest craving so far is a poutine.  My mouth waters just thinking about it.  Strangely enough, I"m not missing potato chips as much as I thought I would.  But french fries... my God, I miss french fries.  
  • Lindsay, Sam, and I usually go on a McDonald's date around his birthday, which was yesterday.  But I had to tell Linds this year it has to wait until after Lent.  There's no way I can go to McD's and NOT get fries!!!
  • Did I mention I bought all my Easter chocolate and candy last week?  I now have Reese PB eggs, Mini Eggs, mini Cadbury Creme Eggs and Caramilk Eggs, jelly beans, jube-jubes, Easter Caramel Kisses, and plain chocolate eggs floating around my house.  When I ran it through the cash at GT last Thursday night, the girl said, "Wow. That's a lot of candy."  And I was like, "Yep.  Happy Easter to me." LOL
  • I keep saying the diet is going to start Monday, but at this rate, I don't know when the hell it's going to start... *sigh*
Well, I think that's enough rambling for today!  Have a great week, everyone! :)

No comments: