Thursday, June 01, 2017

Prison Break: Here we go again!

I think I made a mistake in creating yesterday's man-crush post, guys.  All it seems to have done is sent me into deeper withdrawals, in regards to the Ottawa Senators in general, and Mark Stone specifically.  As well as with Prison Break and Michael Scofield.  I have this empty, hollow feeling now that both are over.  I miss them.  So, so much.

One of them, I have no control over.  The Sens are done.  They packed up their shit over the weekend, and they're gone.  Summer holidays.  No going back.  All I have left of them is watching game highlights from the past six weeks, and obsessing over Mark Stone's memorable celebration gifs and videos.



But the Prison Break withdrawals?  There's something I can do about that...

And so it was that I decided last night to start back at the beginning, and watch Prison Break all over starting with Season 1, Episode 1.

This might seem like a ridiculous decision, what with all the NEW material I have to watch on Netflix.  The list of shows I want to watch is a mile long, with 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale at the top of the list.  I also have catching up to do, as new episodes are out there for some of the shows I've watched, such as The Mindy Project, Scandal, and Bloodline.

But no.  I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't move on from Prison Break yet.  I needed more Michael in my life.

I think the worst TV withdrawals I've ever been through were after I watched Prison Break the first time, several years ago.  The show I tried to follow it up with was Sons of Anarchy, and I never did get past the first few eps.  It didn't have a fair chance.  I was so absorbed by Prison Break, I just couldn't move on to anything else at the time.

I told myself then that I would go back and re-watch PB some day down the road, and eventually, I did move on.  I got over it.  There were other TV characters to fall for.  Other stories to get wrapped up in.

But after finishing the re-boot edition that came to a close on Tuesday night, I realized my desires for Michael Scofield had been reignited, and there is no way I can deny it.  I honestly had no choice.  I had to go back to the beginning.  Didn't matter that in real life, Wentworth Miller has come out as gay.  Didn't matter that he's older now, and has grey hair.  Once he's back in Michael's shoes, that's all I can see.

So I've gone back.  I watched the first three eps last night, and I can already feel the obsession has returned.  Can't get enough.  And I'm once again reminded of how much I enjoyed those early days of Michael & Sara's flirtations, and how clever and cool the show was that first season - by far it's best season.

It might be incredibly ridiculous, but I'm so excited to be back immersed in the show again.  The rest will have to wait.  If I recall correctly, I'll blow through it so quickly that I'll be back in a state of depression again before I know it.  But until then...

If you're looking for me, I'll be watching Prison Break.  See ya on the other side. ;)

No comments: