Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What I'm Loving this SUNNY Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday, friends!  Here's what I'm loving this beautiful sunny Wednesday...

  • The SUNSHINE! :)  OK, so we all now I'm a fan of winter and snow, and I've also recently proclaimed my love for rainy days too, so I get that I'm sending mixed signals... But who can resist the gorgeous blue sky and warm sun today?  We've got more rain coming for the weekend, so might as well soak up these beauty days while we can.
  • The prospect of said rainy weekend.  Oh, I know, we've had enough of the rain and the drear, but I love the idea of a quiet, rainy Saturday at home.  I have house cleaning to do, and I might bake something, but once the work is done, hunkering down to read or have a movie marathon sounds delightful to me!
  • That my new Keurig arrived yesterday!  After going a week without a functioning coffeemaker, I feel like I'm whole again.  It's different from my old beloved Keurig (the model I got as a birthday gift seven years ago apparently no longer exists), but I'm hoping it is just as faithful & long-lasting.
  • Bobby Ryan... yes the Bobby Ryan dream is still lingering.  *sigh*  Not-hockey-season suuuuucks.
  • That I have new reading material arriving today!  I finished The Woman in Cabin 10 on Sunday afternoon, and was eager to dive into the next book club book, until I realized I had mistakenly purchased The Couple Next Door instead of Behind Closed Doors.  Whoops.  A quick trip to Amazon.ca, and I had the correct book ordered, along with two Margaret Atwood novels that I've been wanting to read: The Handmaid's Tale and Alias Grace.  Excited to start my summer reading.


  • My new favourite ice cream topping... See, I bought a container of Vanilla frozen yogurt last week, and I've been enjoying it with caramel sundae topping all over it, but last night I remembered my mom had given me a jar of Heavenly Jam (which is strawberry, pineapple & rhubarb) a few weeks ago, and I had yet to try it.  I put a few spoonfuls over the my frozen yogurt last night, and it was sooooo good!  Yum!!!
  • Prison Break!  I'm nearing the end of Season 1, and there is so much I had forgotten about in this show!!  Last night I watched the episode where Michael and Sara kiss for the first time, and it brought me so much joy lol.  I literally can't wait to get home each evening to watch more.  Apparently my Prison Break addiction is just as strong the second time around as it was originally.
  • Nice weather = evening walks.  Confession:  I've been REALLY bad at getting any exercise in lately.  I think last night was the first time I went for a walk since Relay for Life, and boy, could I tell.  I had terrible shin splints, and I felt like an old cow plodding along.  I cut my walk shorter than I planned last night just because my legs were so sore and I was hobbling.  yeeesh.  How have I let this happen??  The only way to make it better is to keep it up, though, so I'm vowing to keep plodding along... And nicer evenings sure do help.
Well, I think that's all for today!  What are YOU loving this Wednesday?? :)

No comments: