Friday, November 24, 2017

Let the Christmasing BEGIN!!!

Oh you guys...  I've been trying so hard to keep a lid on it.  Trying to make out that its "just Christmas Prep Season" and that I know it's too early.  But today, it finally feels like it's allowed!!!

Remembrance Day is over.  American Thanksgiving is over.  With a couple of clicks of my mouse this morning thanks to Black Friday sales, my shopping is mostly finished.  (BIG sigh of relief, the shopping part is always the most stressful part!)

And now?  Now?  Now it's...

CHRISTMASTIME!!!!!

Last weekend might have been my first Christmassy weekend of the season, but this weekend we really kick it into high gear.  Here's what I've got on tap:

- Tonight, I"m meeting my mom in the city and we're going to do a little shopping.  I know, I just said I was almost finished, didn't I?  Well, all I'm really looking for is some Christmas treats to fill my mittens for next weekend's Mitten Mayhem Party with friends, so it should be a pretty stress-free shopping trip.  Except that I kind of forgot it was Black Friday when I planned this shopping trip... Oh well.  We will be in no rush, so hopefully I can calmly handle the shoppers who are still out this evening!  Also looking forward to supper out too!

- Tomorrow is officially START THE CHRISTMAS BAKING DAY!!!  I have all the ingredients, and a whole day to just putter in the kitchen, listening to my Christmas CDs (which I found!  woo hoo!!!), and getting my bake on.  I'm taking part in a Cookie Exchange next Friday, so I'm hoping to get the bulk of the cookies made tomorrow.

- There is also a big Christmas Market on not far from home tomorrow that I'm thinking of hitting up.  I don't need anything, and I'm pretty tapped out when it comes to the finance department (being done shopping so early is both a blessing and a curse), so it might be best if I don't go and just stick with the baking.  But I LOVE the cheerful Christmas feeling at these things, it will be hard to resist.  Maybe if I leave the purse at home and just go to enjoy the experience?  I just might do that...

- Tomorrow night is our company Christmas party, which is always what I consider to be the official "kick-off" to Christmas!  My first year working here at Mountainview (almost 14 years ago! ack!) I made a deal with some of the guys that I would not sing Christmas carols until the day of the Christmas party.  Well guess what, lads... tomorrow is the day!!!  I can't wait for the evening out.  It's been a long time since I "let my hair down", so to speak, and while I'm not intending to let Sadie out, I do intend on having a good time.  Bring it!!!

- Sunday is also going to be jam-packed with fun!! Church will be a bustling service, as we are celebrating the first Sunday of Advent and a baptism as well. Advent is my favourite, and I'm so excited for it to finally begin!!

- After church, I have a quick meeting with our Lay Supervision Team, and then we'll be off to the movie theatre, as the Sunday School is going to an afternoon showing of "The Star", and I'm tagging along.  I love going to the movies, I love this bunch of kids, and I LOVE anything that's related to Christmas. Sign. me. up!!!

I'm literally jittery with excitement over all the fun that lies ahead.  Let the hollying & jollying BEGIN!!! :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Okay, stupid question... Do you guys have "black Friday" also?