Thursday, March 22, 2018

Extra-busy weekend ahead!

I'm not gonna lie, guys, I'm feeling a little bit like a stressball right now.  I have lists running through my head - To Do lists and grocery lists and "try not to forget" lists.  Also, I have broken out with an itchy red spot on my face, which adds to the angst and it's just the Universe's little way of saying "hey! you're stressed!  we know!  how about a big red blotch on your face to go with it?!"

Bah.

Here's the thing:  two weeks ago, I called and booked a manicure and pedicure for tomorrow morning.  This is something I hardly ever, ever do, but I decided to treat myself on what will likely be one of my last Fridays off before starting back to work full-time.  It was supposed to be a relaxing start to a relaxing weekend.

But now, it is honestly something that is more "in the way" than something I'm looking forward to.  *sigh*

You see, a year ago I offered up "A Little Taste of Italy" dinner to be auctioned off in the Canada Day Committee's fundraiser online auction.  My cousin won, and so I get to treat him and three of his friends to a homemade lasagna dinner with all the trimmings, served in my home by yours truly.  The poor guy has tried to book me several times throughout the year, but there was always something else going on and I had to keep postponing.  This weekend finally worked out, so they're coming and I have to get ready!!

I have to clean the house and get the groceries and prepare the meal and get everything set up.  It's all very manageable, but I get a little dizzy thinking of all I have to do in the next few days to get ready.  Oh, and toss in the fact that I have a shower to go to Saturday morning, and had planned to go to a Tea on Saturday afternoon, and things get a little more stressful.

So here's the plan:

Last night, I got my snowflakes and snowmen and "I LOVE WINTER!" signs put away and got out the Easter and spring decorations, so that part is done.  I curl late tonight, so I'm going to clean when I get home.  I know the place doesn't have to be spotless, I just need to tidy up the junk that's been collecting in the usual junk collecting spots, dust, vacuum, and mop.  Sort of one of those "lick and a promise" type cleanings. 

Tomorrow morning I'll get up and ready, and then go to my nail appointment.  Try to relax and enjoy. (ha!)  Then off to Renfrew for a mad-dash grocery shopping trip.  Also planning to get my Easter treats for the little bunnies in my life.  I thought about shopping for upcoming birthdays and showers that I will need gifts for in the next couple of weeks, but decided that will be too overwhelming, both mentally and financially.  Save those for another day.  Tackle just what's right in front of me. When I get home, I'll make and assemble the lasagna and have it ready in the fridge to go.

Saturday morning, I'll get up and do as much prepping as possible, then get ready to go to the shower.  Depending on how much time I think I have, I will try to squeeze in the Tea as well.  I have a helper lined up to join me for the last-minute setting up and preparations, so I think I should be good.  My mother, God bless her, is making dessert for me, so all I'll really have to do is prepare the appetizer, salad, and bread, and to keep things as fresh as possible, I have to kind of wait until closer to arrival time to do this stuff anyways.  And of course, I'll have to set the table.

See?  There's time for everything to get done.  Everything is very manageable.  There is no need to stress out.  But it's my nature. 

Oh, and did I mention I have a scratchy throat this morning?  'Cause I have a scratchy throat this morning.

I'm just going to ignore it and pray it goes away.

I'm just dying for this day to be over so that I can get the show on the road.  Once I start checking things off the list, I'll feel so much better about it all.  Despite being a little ramped up over it, I am very much looking forward to the evening and hopefully they are too.  Fingers crossed that I can report it was a success next week!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think you wore me out with your to-do list. Hopefully, all went well. That Tour of Italy thing sounds like fun!!

I remember those stressful days! Just write it all down and start scratching it off. It'll make you feel better, even though I know this is over because, well... It's after the weekend or at least Sunday of the weekend :)