Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Wednesday Loves

Hey folks!  Just popping in to share some of what I'm loving this Wednesday!
  • It's SNOWING!! :) :) :)  Oh, I know, I'm in the minority here, but spring has sprung a little too early for my liking.  It's felt like spring since mid-February.  And I know most people are saying, "UGH!  MORE SNOW?!?!"  But like, seriously, dudes, it's not like we had any massive dumpings or storms this year.  I got gypped!  I need a little more snow in my life!!
  • After the Olympics were over, and I was terribly blue about it, I ordered a book that Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir put out way back in 2010 following their first gold medal at the Games.  I also ordered Moulin Rouge on DVD, because Scott & Tessa skated to music from the movie in their free dance.  (I saw the movie years ago, and I even bought the soundtrack at the time, but I don't have the movie and it's not on Netflix!)  Both items said "Usually ships within 1-2 months".  I made the impulse purchase while thinking, I'll probably be over them by the time I get it.  But it arrived sooner than expected!  And I'm NOT over them yet!  Woo Hoo! I'm already anticipating my Moulin Rouge movie night on Friday!
  • I'm loving that I finished my latest crochet project last night.  My niece Danica went through my "Learn to Crochet" book a few weeks ago and picked out a cushion that was covered in granny squares and said, "Jill, make me this!  I want this!"  I think she only picked it because she liked the colours - LOL! - but I decided, sure, why not.  It was easy enough for a beginner like me.  So I bought the yarn and cushion, made up the granny squares, seamed them together, and covered the cushion last night, just in time to deliver it to her at my mom's, as Danica had just arrived to spend a few days of March Break there.  She LOVED it!!  I was actually surprised just HOW much she loved it.  Even this morning, when I popped in before work for breakfast, she told me again how much she loved it.  It's a win!
  • I'm also loving the prospect of my next project... I'm going to do a repeat of that granny square blanket I made last time, but in different colours.  I think I've figured out why the first one turned out so crooked - I was missing a little step -  so I'm interested to see if I can straighten it out.
  • I'm really quite enjoying my book right now.  As I mentioned last week, I'm reading "Christine" by Stephen King, and I was very skeptical of it.  I couldn't see myself enjoying a scary story about a car, and when it arrived in the mail and I saw how HUGE the book was, I was daunted.  But it's going along really well, and I'm very intrigued.  I'm still only about a third of the way through, but if you could see the size of this book, you'd know that a third of it in just a week is an accomplishment haha!
  • SO loving that my heartburn has become a thing of the past (knock on wood).  I don't know if it's because I'm no longer snacking at night (thank you Lent!) or because I've been taking that apple cider vinegar drink every day, but it's so nice to not have it anymore.  It had really become a thorn in my side over recent months.
  • I'm excited for the weekend!  The Lions Club is hosting their annual curling bonspiel on Saturday, and it's always lots of fun.  I so enjoy that day at the curling rink.  Also, St. Pat's festivities are starting this weekend in our little town, with a party at the Legion on Saturday night and the big bash at Gavan's on Sunday... I'm not sure yet how much of it I'll be taking in, but hopefully I'll hit some of it!
  • I love that it's March Break.  I know there's no break for me, and unfortunately this year the days the kids are at my mom's are work days for me, but just getting to go up there in the evening for supper and to hang out with them brings me joy.
What are YOU loving this Wednesday??

No comments: